Sister Kate Dance Company Boot Camps are a chance for you to get to experience what it’s like to be a Vintage Chorus Line Dancer!
Over the course of 4 weeks, you will:
- Learn an original choreography, choreographed by a Sister Kate dancer
- Work on performance presence on stage.
- Connect with other eager and enthusiastic dancers in town
- Perform in front of a live audience (or record yourself dancing the routine and be included in the ultimate music video for the project, depending upon CDC guidelines and Covid safety precautions)!
Boot Camps returning October 2022!
Thank you for a fantastic 2021 / 2022 Boot Camp Season! We’ll be back after the summer break with a new season this Fall with our 2022/2023 lineup!
- Wednesdays in October 2022
- Wednesday in October 2022
- Performance – TBA
Anyone and everyone who is happy to wear the “team costume” is WELCOME to take part; all genders welcome, you only need to wear the team “costume” as planned for everyone, and have a pair of black t-strap heels to dance in if possible.
This class will be an original choreography by longtime Sister Kate company members!
More information about the performance coming soon!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Not at this time. Sister Kate is a dance company of mothers, doctors, and immunocompromised loved ones. We take health and safety very seriously and watch out for one another as much as we can.
This will be a peppy and springy jazz number full of fun and playful energy.
Class will be taught by SKDC members Robin Nunnally and Kara Menzer.
For class sessions, wear anything comfy that you can move and sweat in. We recommend that you wear the shoes you will perform in (a black t-strap heel) so you are accustomed to how they will feel.
For the performance, we will be asking students to wear a white top with a solid brightly colored skirt. We may ask students to occasionally purchase additional costume pieces, but they will usually not exceed $20-30 in value. Please wait for us to send the appropriate outfit info before making any purchases.
We always read all the product reviews and do our best to find a costume that will celebrate many different body forms. If you have any questions/concerns around costuming, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us: SisterKateGirls@gmail.com.
It is not required that you participate in the performance to take the class, although what’s the fun in that?
As long as you are willing to wear the “costume look”, and attend all the class rehearsals (unless sick), then you’re absolutely in for performing!
We’ll start off each class with some sort of warm-up, whether that be a freestyle dance or simply running the routine we’ve learned.
Please note that due to our limited time together, we don’t have time to stretch while together, so please make sure to stretch on your own after class.
Sister Kate Dance Company has been busy following the CDC guidelines + suggestions from medical professionals within our dance community.
Currently, we meet IN PERSON, vaccinated (NEW as of JANUARY 2022: including all up to date boosters if you are over the 6 month mark from your 2nd shot).
CODE OF CONDUCT
We treat each other and ourselves with respect and compassion. We strictly prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- We allow refunds for our camps up to 2 weeks before the scheduled Boot Camp start date! This allows us to choreograph for a known number of attendees and not disrupt formations/numbers. Otherwise, your ticket is transferable (please reach out for additional info)
- In the event of a cancellation by SKDC, we will refund your full amount asap.